• Largest Coal-Fired Plant under construction in the United States.
• Structural Steel – 42,000 tons, about half of the steel tonnage of the Sears Tower in
• Electrical Cable – 1,200 miles – enough to stretch from St. Louis, Missouri to El Paso, Texas.
• Piping – 120 miles, enough to stretch from the plant site to Springfield, Illinois.
• It takes one pound of Illinois coal to produce enough electricity to run your TV for 5 hours.
• Concrete – 165,000 cubic yards, enough to fill more than 50 Olympic-sized
• The stack is 700' tall that is 70' taller than the Gateway Arch in St. Louis, Missouri.
• 2,300 workers will be employed to build the plant.
• 1,600 megawatts of power- Enough to serve 1.7 million homes across nine states.